The Town of Bracebridge is engaged with Performance Sponsorship Group to provide sponsorship, naming rights and advertising services for the new Multi-Use Community Centre and the Bracebridge Sportsplex for the purpose of minimizing the impact on tax payers.
Why sell naming rights?
- Helps fund the facilities that improve the quality of life for residents and visitors;
- Successful long-term relationships will realize continued revenues to the municipality to off-set operating costs;
- Provides a significant opportunity for businesses to show support for their community;
- Shared goals and values of the municipality and sponsor can increase brand awareness for both;
- Savings to the municipality with products, supplies and services from the sponsor; and
- Helps repay long term borrowing.
Project Benefits and Possibilities
- Replace the aged facilities with a new, publicly available and fully accessible, integrated Multi-Use Community Centre, which includes a single pad arena, community hall, public library, multiuse field house, lobby, playground, outdoor play space, trail, and on-site parking.
- The co-location of facilities and services offers the opportunity for a landmark multi-use community centre, providing the community with a state-of-the-art, multi-generational "social hub" that consolidates recreation and library services under one roof.
- The new community centre is designed with inherent flexibility to ensure longevity, allowing adaptation to emerging trends and demographic changes over time.
- Additionally, AODA compliance and opportunities for enhanced accessibility considerations to facilitate accessible programming with a markedly aging population will be realized.
- Individuals and families can participate in health, wellness, sport, recreation, learning, personal development, cultural, and entertainment activities under one roof.
- The common areas, both indoor and outdoor, encourage both active and passive participation, as well as safe spaces for interacting, mixing and meeting.
- The new modern arena, with a regulation size ice surface and appropriate and accessible seating, will satisfy existing arena demand, while providing new opportunities for year-round programming, including concerts, special events, trade shows, camps and tournaments.
- The new multi-sport field house will support athletic use, wellness programs, tournaments, public assembly, children/youth camps, cultural events, trades shows and other emerging activities. Seniors, preschoolers, families and school-aged children (from a nearby school which lacks gymnasium space) will have day-time access to accessible and integrated programs, such as pickleball, indoor lawn bowling, creative play, parent and tot gym time, etc. Evening programs will provide children, youth, adults, seniors and families with a broad range of programs and activities.
- The new enlarged and modern Library will have multi-generational spaces, including dedicated computer lab/training rooms, maker space, a music recording studio and dedicated children's zone, will foster personal, social and cultural development within the community.
- The multi-use community centre reflects the needs of residents, fosters social cohesion, strengthens livability and brings strong economic benefits to the community.