Can I still contact Town hall for general inquiries?

    Yes. Staff are available from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday, to take phone calls or answer emails to help assist the public.

    Can I pay my taxes without coming into Town Hall?

    Yes, taxes can be paid by:

    • Directly through financial institutions – telephone, online, ATM, counter
    • By regular mail
    • Signing up for one of the Town’s pre-authorized payment plans
    • 3rd party credit card processing companies
     • Physical Drop Box (located near the front entrance of the Municipal Office)

    Is Planning Services still accepting applications?

    Planning Services continue to accept applications including Zoning Amendments, Site Plans, Consent, Minor Variance and other planning applications in the drop box at Town Hall or electronically.  

    Payments for planning applications, can be done through cheque which can accompany the application submission or be forwarded following confirmation from Staff.

    Staff are available by email at or by phone at 705-645-5264 for regular daily business such as property inquiries and application pre-consultation.

    Are building permit applications still being accepted?

    Building Permit Applications can be dropped at the Town Hall, in the drop box OR, through a pre-arranged drop off (in the event of large plans only).  Building Permit Applications can also be scanned and forwarded to the Town’s Building Services Branch at

    Payment for permit applications, can be done through cheque which can accompany the permit application or be forwarded after confirmation from Staff.

    Development Charges, where applicable and permit fees must be paid prior to the issuance of a permit.

    Once all required payments have  been received, Building Permits can be issued with specific instructions with regards to permits, plans, on-site drop-offs, etc. being based on each individual situation.

    Are building inspections still being done?

    Building Inspections will only be provided for non-occupied buildings.  This is to ensure the Health and Safety of both homeowners and staff.  

    Any inspections requested for occupied buildings will be logged for future action at a time deemed safe by the Town of Bracebridge.

    There will be no FINAL inspections for permits over two years old unless they are for accessory buildings or structures. 

    Are Driveway Entrance and Roadway Occupation Permits still being processed?

    The Town of Bracebridge Public Works Department is not currently issuing the following permits, due to the Essential Workplaces order made by the Province of Ontario on April 3, 2020:

    • Driveway Entrance Permits
    • Site Alteration Permits
    • Roadway Occupation Permits (except for work deemed as Essential Workplaces)
    • Oversize/Overload Permits (except for work deemed as Essential Workplaces)

    Applications for Driveway Entrance Permits and Site Alteration Permits are still being accepted.  Staff will work with applicants to prepare for the issuance of a permit once the Provincial Order has been lifted or modified to allow these types of permits to be issued. 

    Applications for all of the above permits can be found on the Town of Bracebridge Website at under Applications, Licenses and Permits.